American man on ventilator after being stung by bees 20,000 times

0
20


Austin Bellamy, 20, with his mother Shawna Carter.

Washington:

A young man in the US state of Ohio is on a ventilator after being stung by bees thousands of times, according to his family and local media.

Austin Bellamy, 20, was in a medically artificial coma Tuesday night after accidentally cutting into a beehive while doing tree work for a friend, Fox 19, a local media outlet reported.

Bellamy “is currently on a ventilator in the hospital,” his mother Shawna Carter said on an online fundraising page she launched to pay for his medical expenses.

On Friday, Bellamy was pruning lemon tree branches when he accidentally cut into a hive of African killer bees and was stung more than 20,000 times, according to Carter’s statement to the fundraiser.

“When he started cutting them off (the branches), the bees came out and he tried to anchor himself but couldn’t,” Bellamy’s grandmother Phyllis Edwards told Fox 19. “He yelled, ‘Help! Help me! Help! !’ And no one would help him.”

His family watched the episode unfold from the ground, but were unable to come to his rescue as they were attacked as well.

“I wanted to try to climb the ladder to get to Austin… but I couldn’t get to him because I was surrounded by bees,” Edwards said.

Carter, who was not present during the incident, passed out when she heard this on the phone. She said Bellamy also swallowed about 30 bees, which took doctors more than a day to remove them.

“He had bees in him and they’ve been sucking bees out of him until Sunday morning,” she told Fox 19.

Fortunately, doctors expect him to make a full recovery, Carter said.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here