Footballer Paul Pogba’s allegations of extortion and threats are under investigation by French police | CNN

0
16



CNN

French footballer Paul Pogba’s claim that he is being extorted is being investigated by the French police, the Public Prosecution Service in Paris confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Pogba has filed the claim of extortion through his legal team in a statement obtained by CNN on Monday.

A spokesperson for the prosecutor’s office told CNN that an investigation was launched earlier this month. “I can confirm that an investigation was opened on August 3, 2022, specifically on charges of organized gang racketeering and attempted organized gang racketeering,” the statement said.

“The investigations were entrusted to OCLCO,” the prosecutor’s office continued. The OCLCO is the department of the French Judicial Police charged with investigating organized crime.

Pogba’s statement came after his brother Mathias Pogba posted a series of videos on Instagram in English, French, Spanish and Italian in which he claimed he would make “major revelations” about the behavior of his brother and his agent Rafaela Pimenta.

In his video from Saturday, Mathias said: “The French, Italian and English audiences … and more so, the French national team and the Juventus team, my brother’s teammates and his sponsors deserve to know certain things to make a to make an informed decision if he deserves the admiration, respect and love of the public Whether he deserves his place in the French national team, and the honor of playing in a World Cup… If he is a trustworthy person that every player would want by his side And finally, is he worthy of being considered a representative model by the youth and of course the big brands?”

Paul Pogba’s statement, signed by his lawyers, his mother Yeo Moriba and Pimenta, reads: “Unfortunately, Mathias Pogba’s recent social media posts come as no surprise and follow other attempts to extort Paul Pogba over an extended period of time.

“The facts were reported to the Italian and French police a month ago and there will be no further comments on ongoing investigations.”

Mathias responded to reports about the investigation in a series of tweets which opened with, “What I’ve been waiting for has arrived: My little brother is finally starting to show his true face.”

CNN contacted Mathias Pogba for further comment, but he did not immediately respond.

Paul Pogba, 29, returned to Juventus in Italy’s Serie A in July after six years with Manchester United in the English Premier League. Juventus did not comment on the matter.

CNN contacted Italian police for comment, but did not receive an immediate response.

Pogba was part of France’s World Cup-winning team in 2018.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here