shooting was ‘not random’, authorities reveal


Man who allegedly shot a hospital in Tulsa deliberately targeted a doctor he blamed for his back pain

Michael Louis, the man who allegedly shot Saint Francis Hospital on Wednesday, deliberately targeted surgeon Preston Phillips, whom he blamed.persistent painafter an operation the doctor performed on his back, Tulsa authorities revealed during a news conference on Thursday.

The other three victims, Dr. Stephanie Husen, receptionist Amanda Green, and patient William Love, just “got in the way“When Louis tried to kill the doctor who operated on him the previous month, Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin explained.

Investigators reportedly found a letter on Louis’s person saying “gave dr. Phillips blamed the lingering pain after surgeryhe had acted on the alleged shooter andmade it clear that he came in with the intention of getting Dr. Phillips and everyone who got in his way to kill‘ the police chief continued.

The Muskogee, Oklahoma resident reportedly purchased the AR-type rifle recovered at the scene earlier Wednesday at a local gun store, and also purchased a gun at a pawn shop on May 29. He was released from the hospital on May 24, five days after Phillips operated on him, and “called several times over several days complaining of pain and infirmity[ing] additional treatmentFranklin said.

Hospital director Cliff Robertson insisted the clinic had responded adequately to Louis’s medical concerns, adding that the suspect had visited the hospital for an appointment the day before the shooting. Expressing shock that someone Dr. Phillips would like to kill, whom he a “perfect lord‘ he said, saying that no one knew the surgeon was concerned about his safety with regard to Louis or any other patient.

Louis was found dead from a gunshot wound on the second floor of the hospital’s Natalie Medical Building, near where the shooting took place, reportedly committed suicide after shooting his doctor and the three other victims.

What We Know About the Texas Mass Shooting

Police responded to the shooting within three minutes of receiving a 911 call, Tulsa Deputy Police Chief Eric Dalgleish confirmed Thursday. A bomb threat”linked to the shooting” was also called to the Muskogee Police Department on Wednesday, prompting authorities to evacuate a home and urge people nearby to stay inside until it was evicted.

The Tulsa shooting was the second to hit Oklahoma in a week. One person died and seven were injured at a Memorial Day celebration in the town of Taft, about 75 miles away from Tulsa, on Monday. Several other shootings have made headlines in the US recently, including in Uvalde, Texas, where an 18-year-old former student killed 21 people — mostly children — at Robb Elementary School, while police inexplicably spent more than an hour outside on reinforcements. waited.

You can share this story on social media:

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here