Regal Assets Analytics

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Disclosure: The owners of this website may be paid to recommend Regal Assets. The content on this website, including any positive reviews of Regal Assets and other reviews, may not be neutral or independent.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Disclosure: The owners of this website may be paid to recommend Regal Assets. The content on this website, including any positive reviews of Regal Assets and other reviews, may not be neutral or independent.

Home World News Washington Post World News Report: Prince Charles Charity Receives Bin Ladens Donation

Report: Prince Charles Charity Receives Bin Ladens Donation

0
11

Remark

LONDON – Britain’s Prince Charles is facing more questions about his charities after a newspaper reported that one of his funds had accepted a £1 million ($1.2 million) donation from Osama bin Laden’s relatives.

The Sunday Times reported that the Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund received the money in 2013 from Bakr bin Laden, patriarch of the large and wealthy Saudi family, and his brother Shafiq. Both are half-brothers of the former Al-Qaeda leader, who was assassinated by US special forces in Pakistan in 2011.

The newspaper said advisers had urged the heir apparent not to accept the donation.

Charles’ office in Clarence House disputed that, but confirmed the donation had been made. It said the decision to accept the money was made by the trustees of the charity, not the prince, and “thorough due diligence was taken in accepting this donation.”

The fund’s chairman, Ian Cheshire, also said the donation had been “fully approved” by the five trustees at the time, and that “any attempt to suggest otherwise is misleading and inaccurate.”

The Prince of Wales’ Charitable Fund was established in 1979 to “transform lives and build sustainable communities”, providing grants to a wide range of projects in Britain and around the world.

Charles, 73, has faced a series of allegations about the operation of his charities. Last month, the Sunday Times reported that he had taken $3 million bags of cash from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, the former Prime Minister of Qatar.

London police are currently investigating a separate allegation that people with ties to another of the prince’s charity, the Prince’s Foundation, have offered to help a Saudi billionaire obtain honors and citizenship in exchange for donations. Clarence House has said that Charles was not aware of such an offer.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here